The new Beta Illinois workNet site is now available.
We invite you to take a look at the new site and let us know what you think using this survey http://www2.illinoisworknet.com/pages/beta.aspx#survey.
The new design incorporates some completely new features such as:
- An Apprenticeship Opportunities Search.
- A Student and Trade Connections Search.
- An Employment 101 Guide.
- A mobile friendly view to easily use the site on your mobile device.
- More videos, infographics, slideshows, and graphics to provide information.
- More in-depth content using an article, blog-like approach for sharing information. You can comment and share your tips with each article. Plus, articles will continue to be published to share fresh and current content.
The new site features include current customer favorites that have been updated with enhancements!
- My Dashboard – Login with your account to access your dashboard to help you plan for a career, connect to training programs, get hired into a job, and stay current on events, news, and special programs.
- Explore Options – Use these tools to explore the different career paths and the skills needed in order to launch your new career.
- Training Options – Explore different types of training options and find the one that is your best option.
- Market Your Qualifications – Use the resume builder and resources to get your resume in tip top shape and prepare for the job interview.
- Fill Job Openings – Job seekers can find job openings and employers can recruit job candidates.
- Network and Connect – Connect with people and resources that can help you reach your employment goals.
Customers were invited to attend webinars in October that provided a preview of the new site. Participants provided great feedback and verified that the tools in the site are important to them. Take a look at the infographic (to the right) to see customer responses and related tools within Illinois workNet Beta.
the Beta period, the original Illinois workNet site will remain
available for a limited time. We’ll also be reaching out to partners,
individuals, and employers to provide feedback. Right now, there isn’t a
firm date set for switching entirely to the new Illinois workNet Portal
System but we estimate it will be by January 1, 2015.
on social media and subscribe to news on any of the Illinois workNet
sites to stay informed about the new Illinois workNet Portal System and
participate with feedback opportunities.