Health care coverage can be confusing for both employers and employees. Illinois workNet wants to make sure you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision when it comes to coverage. Join Illinois workNet and the U.S. Department of Labor in our upcoming webinars series for information and the opportunity to ask questions.
These webinars will be live with experts from the U.S. DOL Employee Benefits Security Administration and may not be archived so make sure to register and attend.
Session 1 and 2 - Affordable Care Act 101: What The Health Care Law Means for
The presentation will address the concerns that small businesses have in providing affordable health care to their employees. Specifically, information will be provided on:
- the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit,
- utilizing the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP),
- the Employer Shared Responsibility rules for 2015, and
- other ACA provisions that impact small businesses.
Register for an employer session.
Session 3 and 4 - The Affordable Care Act: Market Reform Provisions for
Employer-Based Health Plans
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Affordable Care Act or ACA) adds important protections related to employment-based group health plan coverage. Compliance assistance information will be presented to assist employees in understanding the requirements of the ACA as it applies to the administration of employer-sponsored health plans.
- Detailed provisional guidance will be provided on:
- Grandfathered Plans
- Dependent Coverage to Age 26
- Lifetime and Annual Limits
- Pre-existing condition exclusions
- Internal Claims and Appeals and External Review
- Wellness Programs
This information is designed to put consumers back in charge of their health care and give them the stability and flexibility they need to make informed choices about their healthcare needs.
Register for an employee session.