The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) is excited to announce the Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) video series available online. DEI aims to improve education, training and employment opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities who are unemployed, underemployed and/or receiving Social Security disability benefits. The DEI video series covers a broad range of topics for jobseekers and workers with disabilities, and their employers. The short, informational design allows jobseekers and employers to gain an easy introduction to topics including the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodation, how to seek services under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, and much more!
On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 11am (CST) we will be hosting a webinar for you to learn more about the video series.
We will cover the following topics:
- What is DEI (Disability Employment Initiative)?
- Where are the videos located online, and how can my organization use them?
- What information is available for employers?
- What is the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act?
- What are some services jobseekers with disabilities can take advantage of?
- IDHS- Illinois Department of Human Services
- DRS- Division of Rehabilitation Services
- DMH- Division of Mental Health
- IDES- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Equip for Equality
- Additional questions.
ENTERING THE WEBINAR
You can access the webinar using the webinar address: http://siuccwd.adobeconnect.com/deivideos/. When you enter the webinar, please make sure to enter your name AND YOUR ORGANIZATION. "Click to Enter." You do not need a password to enter this Webinar.
Option 1: Computer Speakers (Recommended) The webinar will be broadcasted live online with the ability to login to the webinar and listen through your speakers. With Option 1 you will be able to ask questions via chat.
Option 2: Phone Call into the conference call 866-803-3878 and mute your computer speakers. There is no pin needed to participate in this call.